HEALTH, WELLNESS AND HAPPINESS
Very few people admit to getting the balance right when it comes to work and rest amidst the chaos of day to day life. With very little time to focus on you and your wellbeing, making this a key component of a relaxing break away is the kindest decision you can make to get the best out of your hard-earned down-time.
Waves Hotel & Spa, Barbados
Recently redesigned, Waves is one of our favourite all-inclusive hotels on a stretch of pristine white sand beach on the Platinum West Coast of Barbados. The focus on mind and wellness, healthy eating and cultural and artistic local activities provides an opportunity for guests to unwind and reconnect. Complimentary activities include fitness classes such as daily yoga and Pilates. This eco-chic wellness hotel, nestled on a beachside cliff, caters to those seeking a holiday that revitalises mind and body: whether guests are looking for a serene, adult-only escape in the dedicated spa side of the property or a high-energy communal oceanfront lounge setting, Waves promises an authentic Bajan experience.
7 nights from £1,779 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing a Standard Guest Room on All-Inclusive. OFFER: Save up to 30%
BodyHoliday, Saint Lucia - Your Detox Heaven
BodyHoliday is a dream destination offering the most comprehensive wellness experience in the Caribbean. Guests staying at this beautiful beachfront resort are promised an energising, revitalising and soothing stay, making the most of superb watersports, outdoor activities and personalised exercise classes, all included. Perfect for spa lovers, sporty types and single travellers, at BodyHoliday you will enjoy complimentary water aerobics, scuba diving training and fantastic dining options – on that basis alone, we are sold – but it’s the 50-minute spa treatments each day that make this an exceptional wellness experience.
7 nights from £2,325 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing a Luxury Room on All-Inclusive. OFFER: Complimentary upgrade from a Luxury Room to a Luxury Ocean View Room between 01 May - 29 May and 01 July - 31 August 2017.
BodyHoliday – September Solos
The ‘September Solos’ retreat at BodyHoliday is perfect for single travellers or groups of friends looking to enjoy an active holiday where you are bound to meet like-minded people. Caribtours exclusively offers Single Garden Rooms at BodyHoliday, which are perfect for these retreats. Here are our top reasons to escape to Saint Lucia for your very own September Solos getaway:
- The social atmosphere is great and easy to get involved in, whilst indulging in a combination of sport, spa and relaxation.
- You can do as much or as little as you like, and if you’re in search of an inspiring destination to kick start your health drive, Saint Lucia’s mountains, rainforest and sandy beaches are unbeatable.
- Your days can be filled with yoga, zip-line tours, watersports and fun sports tournaments, all with outstanding trainers who will work with you directly to achieve your goals.
- You can focus on health and well-being with a personalised schedule of spa treatments and holistic exercise classes, to get the pampering you’ve been looking for.
- In the evenings the atmosphere is fun and relaxed, guests get to know each other over sunset cruises and group dinners, and you’ll come home feeling like a whole new person.
7 nights from £2,199 per person. Based on 1 adult staying in a Standard Garden View Room on All-Inclusive. EXCLUSIVE TO CARIBTOURS
Coral Reef Club, Barbados - 2017 Wellness Retreats
A member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Coral Reef Club is one of the most treasured luxury resorts in Barbados and the epitome of West Indian elegance. Expect the warmest of welcomes from your hosts, the O’Hara family, who place personal service as a high priority. Sink into your luxurious room, set within 12 acres of tropical gardens bordering a lovely stretch of white sand beach. With its contemporary colonial style and excellent cuisine it’s no wonder Coral Reef Club is such a favourite. Their 2017 wellness retreat weeks are a once in a lifetime opportunity to indulge in the luxury of this Caribbean haven, whilst embracing the wealth of activities on offer, from personalised exercise programmes to relaxing spa treatments to healthy culinary options. International instructors teach a range of techniques including Pilates, Zumba and meditation, and you’ll be provided with expert nutritional advice so your holiday proves utterly rejuvenating. These specialised retreats run from 10 – 17 March, 12 – 19 May and 20 – 27 October 2017.
7 nights from £1,955 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing a Garden Room including breakfast. OFFER: Stay 7 Pay 6 + four complimentary dinners on selected dates during 2017.
Peter Island, British Virgin Islands - How To Get Healthy – Private Island Style:
On the largest private island in the stunning BVI’s, with five pristine white sand beaches, each day brings a new experience. Peter Island ticks the box for just about everything you could wish for on holiday, but it’s particularly wonderful if you’re looking to get healthy in a peaceful setting.
Here’s how to while away a happy and healthy day at Peter Island:
- Start your day feeling fresh with a delicious green smoothie, blended just for you.
- Morning yoga in the Tranquillity Garden gets you relaxed and ready to head out and enjoy your beautiful private island.
- Enjoy a special beach picnic with delicious fresh catch of the day.
- The water sports facilities here are second to none. Soar across the water in a Hobie Cat or try your hand at paddle boarding in the warm Caribbean sunshine - a great way to keep active.
- Treat yourself to Peter Island’s heavenly signature massage at what is known as the best Spa in the BVI’s.
- In the evening, hike around the Sunset Loop, where the breath-taking views and romantic setting are worth the challenge.
- Having made the most of your paradise beach escape, getting healthy and keeping fit, indulge in a sumptuous dinner at signature restaurant, Tradewinds.
7 nights from £2,049 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing an Ocean View Room on Room Only. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Save 30% between 04 January - 19 December 2017.
Blue Waters Resort & Spa, Antigua
Blue Waters Resort & Spa lies in a hidden cove on the shores of Antigua, set in 17 acres of tropical gardens with sensational ocean views. Contemporary and stylish, it has real island character, and the warm Caribbean hospitality is what guests instantly fall in love with.
The hotel offers complimentary non-motorised water sports, encouraging guests to explore the cerulean waters all around. It is also worth venturing out to discover the rest of the island – comprising of lush hills and deserted beaches, Antigua’s scenery is truly breath-taking.
The pièce de résistance at Blue Waters is the gorgeous Spa, offering a range of Elemis treatments in the utmost tranquillity. This year the resort is launching a new Living Retreats programme, running from 1 May to 31 October; the ethos behind these health and wellness retreats is: Retreat-Rebalance -Recharge. Each guest will receive a personal lifestyle consultation to curate a bespoke health, fitness and nutritional programme to deal with what they feel affects them most, be it stress management, sleep wellness, or weight-loss, through a holistic approach. The retreats involve a range of activities such as meditation, yoga and aqua classes to promote mental and physical wellness, as well as classes from expert nutritionists in how to prepare healthy meals, so that guests return home feeling wonderfully refreshed. For those looking to continue a healthy lifestyle on holiday, there are healthy and tasty menu options available in each of the restaurants in conjunction with Living Retreats. The picture of serenity, we can think of nowhere better to enjoy an invigorating wellness experience.
7 nights from £2,219 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing a Deluxe Room on All-Inclusive. OFFER: Save up to 30% between 01 January - 19 December 2017.