BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
This romantic cluster of some 60 islands and cays attracts a high number of repeat visitors, and with exclusivity and luxury as standard, it’s easy to see why people come back time after time. Luxurious resorts, spellbinding spas, pristine white sands and ultramarine waters only confirm the allure. Cool off with a cocktail - perhaps the infamous Painkiller - and then, with suitcases unpacked and beachwear on, you can relax on a hammock strung between two palm trees. Take to the water and you’ll be treated to some of the best sailing in the world, and the region’s protected coral reefs also make for some superb snorkelling and diving.
Peter Island, British Virgin Islands
On the largest private island in the stunning BVI’s, with five pristine white sand beaches, each day brings a new experience. Peter Island ticks the box for just about everything you could wish for on holiday, but it’s particularly wonderful if you’re looking to get healthy in a peaceful setting.
Here’s how to while away a happy and healthy day at Peter Island:
- Start your day feeling fresh with a delicious green smoothie, blended just for you.
- Morning yoga in the Tranquillity Garden gets you relaxed and ready to head out and enjoy your beautiful private island.
- Enjoy a special beach picnic with delicious fresh catch of the day.
- The water sports facilities here are second to none. Soar across the water in a Hobie Cat or try your hand at paddle boarding in the warm Caribbean sunshine - a great way to keep active.
- Treat yourself to Peter Island’s heavenly signature massage at what is known as the best Spa in the BVI’s.
- In the evening, hike around the Sunset Loop, where the breath-taking views and romantic setting are worth the challenge.
- Having made the most of your paradise beach escape, getting healthy and keeping fit, indulge in a sumptuous dinner at signature restaurant, Tradewinds.
7 nights from £2,049 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing an Ocean View Room on Room Only. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Save 30% between 04 January - 19 December 2017.
Necker Island, British Virgin Islands
The legendary Necker Island is a private paradise in the beautiful British Virgin Islands, usually hired out as a whole for an exclusive private island experience. However, for selected weeks throughout the year, Necker Island hosts fabulous ‘Celebrations Weeks’, which are perfect for individuals, couples or small groups of friends keen for a luxurious Necker experience.
The island hosts up to 17 couples, with a fun and sociable atmosphere where guests meet up over gourmet meals or out on the water when taking advantage of the incredible facilities. Necker is all about decadence and luxury and with attentive service from a staff of over 100, you are simply required to relax and have the time of your life.
Every day the fantastic team arrange exciting activities that suit everyone’s interests. The 74 acre island has so much to offer, from sailing, to playing tennis with a professional coach, or enjoying secluded dining in romantic locations around the island.
There is of course plenty of space for some quiet sunbathing or a relaxing swim in one of the freshwater pools. The swim-up pool bars are particularly inviting for an afternoon cocktail, and everything is included in your stay so from the moment you arrive you can unwind and indulge.
Our Top Recommendations for Making the Most of Necker Island:
· Discover the abundant Necker Island wildlife - there are at least 50 lemurs, giant tortoises and over 350 flamingos.
· Indulge in Necker’s ‘sushi bar’ with a twist – they serve fresh sushi in a kayak filled with ice, which floats down the beach pool, so you can enjoy a sumptuous feast out on the water.
· Spend an evening at Bali Hi Beach for a candlelit dinner by a mesmerising bonfire with the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.
7 nights from £12,419 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing a Great House Room on All-Inclusive. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Save 10% off a Celebration Week during 2017.
Long Island Beach Resort, British Virgin Islands
Long Bay is set right on the seafront offering a really laid back experience where guests can make the most of stunning beaches and the natural beauty of the BVI’s. The atmosphere here is incredibly friendly and there are so many activities to enjoy out on the water or on land. We highly recommend swimming with dolphins – it’s a must! And a trip to Virgin Gorda for snorkelling and visiting the famous Baths is also great fun.
7 nights from £2,329 per person. Based on 2 adults sharing a Beachfront Cabana on Room Only.