UNDER THE SEA
DISCOVER THE MIRACULOUS UNDERWATER WORLDS OF SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DESTINATIONS ON THE PLANET. WE BRING YOU OUR DIVING HIGHLIGHTS FROM HOT SPOTS IN SAINT LUCIA, DOMINICA AND THE MALDIVES. EXPLORE THE RICH MARINE LIFE WITH OUR INSIDER’S GUIDE - THE BEAUTY AND COLOUR THAT LIES HIDDEN BENEATH THE SURFACE IS NOTHING SHORT OF SPECTACULAR.
THE RESIDENCE, MALDIVES
Situated in the very south of the Maldives, the area is completely unspoilt and you really do feel like you are staying in the middle of nowhere. There’s no better a spot for an incredible sunset than the overwater villas, where you can watch the ever-changing colours sparkling on the ocean. You’ll immediately feel at home here, with the friendliest staff taking incredible care of your every need. The turquoise water and white beaches make the quality of the diving and snorkelling here some of the best in the world, and we love the Spa by Clarins – you’ll be blown away by the amazing views from the overwater pavilions as you enjoy a relaxing massage.
- A secluded location in one of the largest atolls in the world, Gaafu Alifu, means the marine life and coral are abundant and spectacular. The atoll is home to over 1,200 species and you can spot sharks in schools of up to 200, turtles, bottlenose dolphins and much more.
- The Residence boasts a 5-Star PADI dive centre with a variety of options for beginners and experienced divers to explore nearby reefs or take open water courses.
- The beautiful house reef, Falhumaa, is a great starting point, but nearby there are several more stunning sites to discover, the most impressive being Vilingili Kandu, Ekkala Thila and Nilandu Kandu.
7 nights from £1,869 per person including breakfast.
OFFER: Stay 7 pay 5 + save 40% + complimentary transfers between now - 21 Dec 2017.
+ Read more on THE RESIDENCE, MALDIVES
ANSE CHASTANET, SAINT LUCIA
Renowned for its secluded location, wonderful views and pristine reef just off shore, Anse Chastanet is a nature lover’s paradise. Go scuba diving and snorkelling with the resort scuba centre or go hiking or mountain biking on miles of private resort trails. Whether you plan an active or simply relaxing holiday, the resort team will look after your every need. Set amidst a 600 acre private estate with 2 beaches, many of the rooms here boast stunning views of the Pitons, and have been individually designed with original works of art by local and international artists. The dining at Anse Chastanet is exceptional, with fresh seafood in abundance and there are many excursions nearby from climbing the Pitons, to visiting the volcano, or hiking up to breathtaking waterfalls.
- 2 soft sand beaches with excellent snorkelling and scuba diving options right off shore. The reef’s remarkable ecosystem is home to extraordinary tropical marine life, with over 150 species of fish.
- The resort operates its own 5-star PADI dive centre.
- 12 miles of resort trails for walking, hiking and birdwatching with
- Daily sunrise and sunset yoga.
- Organic farm and chocolate laboratory.
7 nights from £1,529 per person including breakfast.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Save 35% + complimentary half day sailing excursion between 01 May - 19 Dec 2017.
+ Read more on ANSE CHASTANET, SAINT LUCIA
FORT YOUNG, DOMINICA
Fort Young is an historic hotel located on the waterfront in the heart of Dominica’s capital, Roseau. We recommend the Oceanfront Rooms for the extra space and dramatic setting, and you can enjoy amazing views over the Caribbean Sea from the oceanfront pool and lovely sundeck. For those who want to explore a little further, there’s a whole host of excursions, from rainforest hikes, to ocean kayaking, bird watching and scuba diving. And during whale watching season, you’ve got a great chance of spotting sperm whales right in front of the hotel.
- Fort Young’s on-site PADI dive centre offers a range of courses for all experience levels, and with its own jetty, diving excursions are really convenient, with many of the best dive sites less than 20 minutes away by boat.
- Don’t miss the unique opportunity to dive amongst the volcanic bubbles at Champagne reef.
- Explore the vast submerged volcanic crater at Scotts Head Marine Reserve, with abundant marine life, huge dropoffs and walls, colourful pinnacles and bubbling underwater fumaroles.
- The underwater creatures surrounding Dominica are incredibly rare, such as frogfish, flying gurnards, flamingo tongue snails, golden crinoids and Caribbean reef squid.
7 nights from £1,259 per person on Room Only.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Save 15% + $100 resort credit between 21 May - 14 Dec 2017.
+ Read more on FORT YOUNG, DOMINICA
Recently opened, Milaidhoo is an intimate tropical island in the stunning Baa Atoll, already making a name for itself as one of the most stunning island getaways in the Indian Ocean. The dazzling open-living spaces are the perfect fusion of traditional design with a modern twist - we love the over-water villas that look like classic chalets on stilts, with tall ceilings letting the light pour in. Laze on your private sundeck, taking leisurely dips in the ocean directly from your private ocean staircase - you are floating in paradise.
There’s no place better to completely immerse yourself in local Maldivian culture through the array of unique experiences on off er, such as visiting a local Maldivian island, or setting sail to your own private sandbank where a feast awaits you. Or experience a sunset dolphin cruise, and sit watching the beautiful majestic creatures, champagne in hand.
Cuisine at Milaidhoo is spectacular, the Ba’theli Lounge & Restaurant is set on the shimmering lagoon with a completely unique design of a traditional Maldivian sailing boat. An indulgent dinner out on the deck of this charming restaurant will not disappoint. We also love the holistic treatment menu at the Spa, which incorporates the power of botanicals combined with entrancing healing traditions from Africa, using local herbs and plants.
- Located in the stunning Baa Atoll, the Maldives’ only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, teeming with marine life from manta rays to dolphins.
- With two resident Marine Biologists you can learn so much more about what you see in the dazzling ocean, and for the marine enthusiasts the resort offers a ‘be a marine biologist’
programme where the curious can shadow the biologists and learn more about what they do.
- There’s a 5-star PADI dive centre off ering an abundance of diving options including reef, boat, night, and manta ray dives.
7 nights from £4,435 per person on Half Board.
OFFER: Save 25% between now - 31 Oct 2017.
+ Read more on MILAIDHOO, MALDIVES
THE BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, THE VERY BEST OF
You can’t help but feel drawn to this romantic cluster of some 60 islands and cays, renowned for their exclusivity and home to luxurious hotels, spellbinding spas, pristine white sands and ultramarine waters. Cool off with a cocktail - perhaps the infamous Painkiller - and relax on a hammock strung between two palm trees. This is the way of life in the BVIs.
BEACHES – The number of dazzling bright white paradise beaches in the BVIs is impossible to count – but they are all breathtaking. Devil’s Bay is one of our favourites; huge, impressive boulders tumble out into the crystal clear water, sheltering this heavenly horseshoe bay.
SAILING – Sailing is what the BVIs are known for, attracting super yachts from all over the world for incredible island hopping trips. But it’s also the most perfect place for beginners to learn the ropes, with fantastic sailing clubs and facilities at most hotels.
DINING – There’s fabulous fine dining all over the BVIs, but we would highly recommend indulging in fresh local crab and stunning views at Hog Heaven – scrumptious!
SUNSETS – On Peter Island, hike the ‘sunset loop’ - it’s worth the effort for the vantage point out to the Caribbean Sea as the sun sets. Enjoy a glass of champagne at the top to enhance the splendid views.
DIVING – The BVIs protected coral reefs make for superb diving; they are teeming with marine life and off er some of the clearest conditions in the Caribbean. The famous wreck of the RMS Rhone is also a must.
HIGH-TECH TOYS – Sir Richard Branson, owner of the famed and fabulous Necker Island, is renowned for having high-tech toys including the three-man aero-submarine, Necker Nymph, which can dive to depths of 100ft.
EXPLORING – Visit The Baths at Virgin Gorda – weave through boulders and caves to fi nd the hot pools amidst volcanic rock formations.
PETER ISLAND – Escape to this gorgeous luxury hotel and honeymoon haven with fi ve pristine white sand beaches. The Spa is known as the best in the archipelago, and their signature restaurant, Tradewinds, promises an indulgent dinner that won’t fail to impress.
LONG BAY BEACH CLUB – Long Bay is all about the stunning beach, set along the seafront on Tortola’s pristine west coast. Simple and laid back, this is the place for water babies to be beguiled, and you’ll be enchanted by the natural beauty all around.
WATCH THIS SPACE: Rosewood Little Dix Bay will be re-opening in late 2017 following a multi-million dollar refurbishment.
+ Read more on THE BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS