THINGS TO DO IN TOBAGO
Sun-soaked Tobago is a wistful, sleepy island of laid back resorts and majestic natural beauty. Whether you're looking for a beach hideaway with views out to the ocean, a boutique bolthole immersed in the rainforest or a holistic retreat with an amazing well-being offering, Tobago has something to suit everyone.
Pristine white beaches on the Caribbean side make for a relaxing setting for a lazy holiday soaking up the Caribbean sun, whilst the Atlantic coast is the perfect place to make the most of exciting watersports. But the adventure continues inland, with wild rainforest, charming villages, secluded waterfalls and hidden coves all waiting to be explored.
Whichever way you would like to spend your holiday, Tobago won't fail to leave you with wonderful memories of a relaxed and intimate island escape in breathtaking surroundings.
CASTARA RETREATS TOBAGO - 2017 WELLNESS RETREATS
Castara Retreats is a beautiful family-run eco-retreat on the relaxed Caribbean island of Tobago. We love Castara for its stunning location tucked into a tropical forest on the hillside of Tobago’s breathtaking west coast, with fantastic views overlooking the ocean and enjoying beautiful sunsets over the bay. Castara’s unique eco-friendly focus and ethos of supporting the local community is what makes it such a special place to unwind and enjoy real Caribbean hospitality. We would highly recommend Castara Retreats’ 2017 wellness retreats hosted by professional practitioners in health, nutrition, yoga and meditation to relax, rejuvenate and reconnect with nature in the most beautiful and calm Caribbean surroundings. Expect daily guided practice, lovely accommodation and fresh, healthy meals on these perfectly curated retreats.
2017 dates are as follows:
2 – 9 July 2017 – ‘The Rhythm of Breath, Posture and Yoga’ – Yoga Retreat with Davin Jones
20 – 30 July 2017 – ‘Flowing with the Elements’ – Yoga Retreat with Davin Jones and Emese Fodor
20 – 29 October 2017 – ‘Raw Love Awakening’ – Raw Food Retreat with Gabriela Lerner
+ Read more on CASTARA RETREATS, TOBAGO
ACTION PACKED TOBAGO
Tobago’s spectacular beaches, turquoise waters and pristine rainforest are an appealing combination for those looking for action-packed beach fun in the Caribbean sunshine. From paddle boarding to golf and even excellent birding, the adventures in store are endless – here are some of our favourite activities that will make your exploration of Tobago even more memorable:
– Stand-up paddle boarding along the gorgeous Caribbean coast of the island is great fun and you can enjoy beautiful views as you explore the gentle shores. One of the highlights of a trip to Tobago is trying this amazing excursion at night under the stars, as you paddle through a lagoon with bioluminescent waters – jump into the water to see glowing plankton sparkle with light all around you - it's stunning!
– Golfers will be delighted with the golf courses on Tobago. Two championship 18-hole courses are currently in play, and a third 9-hole course is in plans – all boasting beautiful surroundings and views, what more could you wish for!
– The Atlantic coast is perfect for trying your hand at adventurous watersports; kite boarding and wind surfing are some of the island’s most popular activities, with lessons available for all ages and experiences.
– The Tobago Rain Forest is the oldest protected Forest in the Western Hemisphere, established in 1765, and is home to some of Tobago's most colourful species of birds. We recommend exploring the rainforest by foot or by bike for the more adventurous. There are incredible hiking and mountain biking nature trails where you can spot amazing birdlife, and even swim in hidden waterfalls amidst swathes of virgin rainforest.
– Going on a glass bottom boat ride for snorkelling towards Little Tobago is great fun, or sailing a Hobie Cat across the translucent waters surrounding Tobago is a great way to while away a sunny day on holiday.
– Horse riding along the beach and in the gentle shallows is completely picturesque and a magical way to explore the coastline, giving you fabulously scenic views.
+ Read more on TOBAGO
TOBAGO JAZZ EXPERIENCE 2017
Every April Tobago plays host to some of the most soulful people on the planet with some amazing performers, international artists and home grown talent descending on the island for the annual Tobago Jazz Experience. Set your soul to stunned and get ready for a feast of live entertainment.
Running from 22 – 30 April 2017, the sounds of jazz and world music light up the island to celebrate music both past and present, and to highlight the Caribbean music culture that influences the chart toppers of today. Previous years have seen amazing live music from the incredible Jennifer Hudson, Grammy Award winner Miguel and Kool and the Gang. This year the incredible Grace Jones will be performing and it’s set to be a show-stopper.
Music lovers can enjoy 8 days of jazz, world beat, salsa, latin, R&B, soca, reggae and much more - don’t forget your dancing shoes!
The Caribbean islands host incredible musical festivals throughout the year. To find out more on when and where to experience the very best music and culture in the Caribbean, please contact us on 020 7751 0660.
If you want to experience the Tobago Jazz Experience next year, we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
+ Read more on TOBAGO